How do we doubt well? Habakkuk 1:12-2:4
Passage: Habakkuk 1:12–2:4
Habakkuk points us to Trust in God in the face of tough times and when it is hard to understand what God is doing.
Link to Study Resources HERE
Link to Personal Study Guide HERE
Questions for Further Reflection
1) What is Habakkuk doing in these verses?
> What do you think his view of God is from these words?
> Don't miss the struggle in his words.
• Notice that Habakkuk heard the correct message from God but cannot reconcile what He (God) is doing.
> Think about what may cause a crisis of faith in God.
• Wouldn't it make sense for a crisis of faith to come from God's actions seemingly contradicting His stated promises and character?
• What are some of these things that we often face in our world when we only see the surface level?
2) What comes to mind for you when you read the words in vs. 12, "We shall not die"?
> This statement from Habakkuk is solely rooted in the promises of God to the people of Israel.
• For more on God's Covenant, read:
- Genesis 12:1-3
- Genesis 15:4-6
- Genesis 17:5-8
- 2 Samuel 7:13
- 2 Samuel 7:16
- 1 Kings 2:45
- 1 Kings 9:5
3) What is the relationship between doubt and faith?
4) How does God respond to our doubt?
5) What does this reveal about God?
6) What does this reveal about mankind?
7) How does this passage teach the Gospel of Jesus?