The Splendor of God - Habakkuk Chapter 3
Passage: Habakkuk 3:1–3:19
Habakkuk points us to Trust in God in the face of tough times and when it is hard to understand what God is doing.
Link to Study Resources for Habakkuk HERE
Link to Personal Study Guide HERE
Questions for Further Reflection
Themes to focus on
Notice that Habakkuk has gone from complaining to praying.
> What would have to happen in his heart for this to happen?
Habakkuk was overwhelmed by God's Salvation and wrath as well as God's glory.
> Read through verses 2-16 and record all of the senses (both physical and internal) experienced in habakkuk's encounter and response to God.
-- What is being communicated by the fact that so many senses are incorporated?
-- Would you be able to say that your impression of God is adequate compared to Habakkuk's reaction?
• Read Verses 17-19 and summarize in your own words.
• Why do you think that Habakkuk concludes that he can and should trust God?
• What does this teach us about God?
• What does this teach us about mankind?
• How does this passage point to Jesus/teach Gospel themes?