Exiles on Earth- Abraham's Obedience
Passage: Hebrews 11:8–11:6, Hebrews 11:13–11:16
We will be learning from the lives of those who were faith-filled “strangers and exiles on the Earth” (Heb 11:13). As we look at the ways Abraham, Moses, Daniel, and the early Church faithfully followed God in their earthly exile, we hope to learn heart postures that will empower us to live similarly faithful lives as earthly exiles, with the knowledge that our one true home is Heaven to come. This sermon looks at the life of Abraham and his obedience to God's call.
Questions for further thought or discussion
- Start with- What did the Holy Spirit reveal to you through this teaching and the time you spent studying the life of Abraham and Hebrews 11:8-16 on your own?
- Which of God’s promises or parts of His plan for His children give you the most confidence?
- What fears, doubts, or struggles do you have that make it difficult to trust God’s promises & obey the call into exile?
- What area of your life will be hardest to live as an exile (think about your work, family, friendships, hobbies, etc.)?
- How could we specifically come alongside each other to thrive as exiles in community with one another?
More in Exiles on Earth
June 28, 2020Exiles on Earth- The early Church and How We Should Live Today
June 21, 2020Exiles on Earth- Daniel's Adaption without Assimilation
June 14, 2020Exiles on Earth- Moses' Abstain from Comfort