Exiles on Earth- The early Church and How We Should Live Today
Passage: 1 Peter 2:9–2:12
We will be learning from the lives of those who were faith-filled “strangers and exiles on the Earth” (Heb 11:13). As we look at the ways Abraham, Moses, Daniel, and the early Church faithfully followed God in their earthly exile, we hope to learn heart postures that will empower us to live similarly faithful lives as earthly exiles, with the knowledge that our one true home is Heaven to come. This week we look at the early church and the call from Peter in 1 Peter 2:9-12, to proclaimed God's excellencies and live an honorable life amongst non belivers.
- Start with- What did the Holy Spirit reveal to you through this teaching and the time you spent studying 1 Peter 2:9-12?
- What have your experiences being vocal about your faith to non-Christians been like?
- Have you ever wanted to talk about your faith with someone but you didn’t? What stopped you, and why do you think those feelings inhibited you?
- What unique opportunities to you think you have to live in a distinct way that would reflect your faith?
- Who are people in your life that you want to be comfortable sharing your faith with in word & deed?
More in Exiles on Earth
June 21, 2020Exiles on Earth- Daniel's Adaption without Assimilation
June 14, 2020Exiles on Earth- Moses' Abstain from Comfort
June 7, 2020Exiles on Earth- Abraham's Obedience