Faith, Works, and Trouble - James 1:1-4
Passage: James 1:1–1:4
As we study the book of James, we will see how faith and works are inseparable in our living out the life in Jesus Christ.
Link to Study Resources for James HERE
Link to Personal Study Guide HERE
- How do you identify with James?
- What does it mean to "count it all joy" in verse 2?
- How do trials and the testing of our faith produce steadfastness?
- Why/how does that make us perfect and complete, lacking in nothing?
- Think about the big picture of what God's purpose in and for this world is. Also, what is His purpose for you?
- What is God's ultimate goal for you in this life?
- What is the most satisfying thing any of us can experienmce in this world?
- Look at verse 4. It says, "let steadfastness have its full effect,". Why does it say "let?"