The Force of Truth- James 5:12
Passage: James 5:12–5:12
As we study the book of James, we will see how faith and works are inseparable in our living out the life in Jesus Christ.
Sermon Text: James 5:12
Broader Context: James 1-5
Link to James Resources HERE
Link to Personal Study Guide HERE
Questions for further study:
- Read Matthew 5:33-37. How does this teaching from Jesus help you understand what James is saying?
- Where do you tend to diminish your yeses and no's?
- Where does condemnation come from? God, the world, neither, both...? How/why?
- For those who are Christ-followers, what is the most joyful thing you can say yes to according to all that we know in Scripture?
- What are the obstacles that make it difficult for you to say yes to those things?
- What is the purpose of your life (spend time praying, reflecting, recording your thoughs and understandings)
- How is this purpose achievable as Christ-follower
- What can you do to better live this purpose out in joy?
- What does this passage teach you about God?
- What does this passage teach you about yourself/mankind?
- How does this passage teach the Gospel/point to Jesus?
- What step of obedience do you need to take today for your life to reflect these Truths?