The Spiritual Discipline of Fellowship.
Fellowship: A corporate discipline of engagement where we purposefully priortize time wiht relationships in the Body of Christ in life, service, gathered worship, and play in order to greater expereince the Spirit's gifts of Grace and better express the heart of God in the Gospel of Jesus.
Sermon text: Acts 2:42
Other Scripture References: Hebrews 10:23-25, 1 Thessalonians 2:8, 1 John 4:7-12, Galatians 6:1-3, Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, John 17:22-23, John 13:34-35
The disciplines do not save or transform, only Jesus does that but they are guides:
- They Guide us to deeper Intimacy With God
- They guide us to grow in Christ-likeness
- They guide us to Greater Victory and Freedom from Sin
Some disciplines are pursued by Abstaining or pulling away from certain things while others are pushed by engaging certain actions and behaviors.
- Inward disciplines: Individual pursuits primarily oriented toward personal attitude change and developing the inward reality of a transformed person.
- Outward Disciplines: Individual pursuit primarily oriented toward personal behavioral change resulting in an outward lifestyle that reveals the manner of the Messiah to the world around
- Corporate or Communal Disciplines: Individual pursuit expressed and experienced as part of the Body of Christ
List of Resources