We take a Special Offering twice a year in hopes of us continually growing in a posture of joyful and sacrificial giving. At the same time, we celebrate how faithful you are on a weekly basis in giving of your finances. This is what allows us to advance the Kingdom of God through the work God has given us as The Bridge Montrose on a daily basis. We take the Special Offering in order to be able to take advantage of unexpected ministry opportunities and to support ministry needs that cannot necessarily be supported by our weekly giving.
Every Easter season, we are reminded of God’s great love for us and His incredible sacrifice so we can be called His family. It is that grace which binds us to Him, and binds us to one another as we seek to glorify Him together. If you are receiving this letter, know that we are so blessed to be called “family” with you as we all have been called to pursue a journey of transformation together toward Jesus for the glory of God.
Part of that journey together is pushing each other to a greater acknowledgement that everything belongs to God and that we must hold all resources (our time, our talents, and our treasure) with open hands. As we live because He died, we also give because He gave.
Mark 10:45 – “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Our Special Offering will be taken May 19th through June 30th. We pray that you take this opportunity not just to consider how you could participate now financially, but even greater, how you can participate in a way of life that embodies the same sacrificial generosity our Heavenly Father pours out for us. Special Offering is a tangible action to fight those desires with humble and grateful hearts, stewarding what God has blessed each of us with for the spread of His Kingdom and glory.
Special Offering is intended to be separate from the ongoing faithful generosity that you may already participate in through weekly giving, and we are striving to collectively give $30,000, which will be committed and allocated to the following:
- $15,000 will be set aside for outside local and global Missions, which will allow us to tangibly engage our finance resources into ministry needs;
- $10,000 will be used to provide supplemental support to our Bridge Montrose Pastoral Intern; and
- $5,000 will be used to build up our Strategic Operational Reserve, which will enable us to better prepare for uncertain costs in the future.
Our hope is that all who consider The Bridge Montrose their church home would participate in giving prayerfully, joyfully, and sacrificially; but we also hope that no one feels pressure to give under any form of compulsion, guilt, or pressure. While participation will look different for each of us, we ask that you consider giving the equivalent of one week’s salary as we know that this would be a challenging mark for anyone. Thank you for partnering and growing with us in the Gospel ministry of Jesus.
You can give through all the normal methods of giving. You just need to designate “Special Offering” on your gift by either writing it on the memo line of a check or selecting “Special Offering” when giving online. You can give through our app, your PushPay app, by texting “bridgemontrose” to 77977, by following the “give” link on our website, or by check or cash. Feel free to direct any questions to Karen at email@example.com.
all glory to God
Updates on some of the missions and missionaries we have financially and prayerfully supported
These are opportunities that we have financially supported from our missions savings as needs have come to light through their daily ministry.
- Church Planting in Sesto Calende, Italy
- Supported the salary of the church’s first Italian pastor.
- Church Planters in Indonesia
- Italy Film Project (Giouse)
- Funded the production of the Documentary, Unforgivable. View the trailer here. Unforgivableis used as a Gospel outreach opportunity in Italy.
- Nuevo Vida
- Working to establish an extension of Southern Seminary in Havana Cuba.
- EastWest Ministries
- Your giving to East West helps to keep our costs of training and church planting as low as possible. With your help, for every $8 we spend from our general fund, we are able to train a national leader in evangelism and discipleship and for every $22 we spend we are able to plant a new church. So far in 2018, we are averaging more than 1,000 baptism every day and 815 house churches starting every week.
- Love Fosters Hope
- We had 9 people volunteer to be "counsins" or counselors at T.R.A.C. (Teen Reach Adventure Camp) for 12-15 year olds in the foster care system.
- Sponsored a table at their annual fundraising gala. A couple inivited to sit at our table decided to foster after attending the gala.
- Ambry Golf Tournament
- Sponsored a hole at their annual fundraising golf scramble
- Other Church Plants in Houston, Cypress, Austin, San Antonio, and Michigan
- 2nd Cup Coffee
- 2nd Cup is a “coffee for a cause” cafe that works to mobilize houston to end human trafficking by through bringing awareness and support to all of the organizations leading out in the fight across Houston.
- Campus Outreach- HBU and Technical College Mexico (Marcums)
- CRU Short Term Mission Trips
- Sponsored college students to go to EastAsia as missionaries for the summer of 2018
- Sponsored college students to spend the summer at Summer Beach Project where they are equipped as disciples of Jesus as well as ministering to the community they are in.
- CRU Staff Training
- Cami Jones attended CRU staff training in July which better equipped her to meet the needs of college students. She took a seminary course on missions there, helping her cast vision for a multicultural student body participating in overseas missions.