Sovereignty of God over All
Passage: 1 Chronicles 29:11–29:13
Starting March 15th, The Bridge Montrose transitioned to House Churches and online teaching because of the CDC and public health officials recommendations due to COVID-19. These videos teachings are meant to be a primer to launch discussion with others.
This three part series is over the Sovereignty of God that is presented in 1 Chronicles 29:11-13. This week we see God's sovereignty and authority over all.
The main idea for this teaching- experiencing life to the full as Jesus promised does not come from knowing everything that will happen to us but more importantly from knowing who God is and all He has already done.
Watch this video then answer the following questions in a small group, one other person or journal your answers (and share them with someone).
Questions for Discussion or Personal Reflection
- What impacted, encouraged, or challenged your view of your present circumstances from the teaching?
- Have you felt hopeless, restless, or fearful in this pandemic? How do you think you would have felt in those moments if you had heard God’s assurance that your time is in His hands?
- In what areas of your life do you repeatedly find it hard to believe or remember that God is our only guaranteed hope, peace, and purpose? What makes it difficult to believe or remember, and what could be done by you or those who care about you to cultivate that belief & remembrance?
- When was the last time that you felt deep comfort & confidence in God’s sovereignty? How did that experience affect you & your relationship with God?
- Who is someone you are close to that might be comforted by you sharing about God’s sovereign character & work in your life?