Sovereignty Of God- Authority
Passage: 1 Chronicles 29:11–29:13
Starting March 15th, The Bridge Montrose transitioned to House Churches and online teaching because of the CDC and public health officials recommendations due to COVID-19. These videos teachings are meant to be a primer to launch discussion with others.
This three part series is over the Sovereignty of God that is presented in 1 Chronicles 29:11-13. This week we see God's sovereignty and authority over the world.
The main idea for this teaching- because God is sovereign and God is good, there is nothing that happens in our life and world that we cannot experience peace and confidence in the midst of uncertainty.
Watch this video then answer the following questions in a small group, one other person or journal your answers (and share them with someone).
- What impacted, encouraged, or challenged your view of your present circumstances from the teaching?
- Possible Follow-Up Questions (italics questions are repeats if they were not used last week):
- Reflect and share about a time you experienced the goodness and love of God in the midst of a hard time.
- Exercise: Reflect and respond on how you get a different experience of God and circumstances depending on your starting point. What is the outcome when you:
- Define the character of God by the circumstances around you?
- Interpret and engage your circumstances around you based on what you know of the Character and promises of God?
- What do you see scripture teaching us about our responses and opportunities in troubling times? Share the scripture reference wherever possible but share them even if you don’t know the reference and you can look them up together.
- Is sovereignty ever a bad thing?
- In what ways can we know the character of God?
- How has God proven that He is good to you/to the world?
- Personal Experiences?
- Testimony of the Word? Use http://www.openbible.info/topics/ and search, “Goodness of God”, “Love of God”, etc…
- Have you ever experienced “running out of words” to describe God?
- Is it comforting to you to think of God as far above/beyond all that we can comprehend or imagine? Why/why not?
- How does God being Sovereign over all the cosmos and creation change the way you approach your life this week?
- What is a question you could ask or story you could share to help a friend or family member consider the implications of God being Sovereign over all things? (This connects to one of our parting encouragements).