Don't Forget the And - James 1:19-25
Passage: James 1:19–1:25
As we study the book of James, we will see how faith and works are inseparable in our living out the life in Jesus Christ.
Sermon Text: James 1:19-27
Broader Context: James 1:16-27
Link to more James Study Resources HERE
Link to Personal Study Guide HERE
Questions for further Reflection
- What is "Knowing this" in verse 19 referring to? (Look at verses 16-18)
- How does what is taught in verses 16-18 naturally lead to what is taught in verse 19-21?
- What is it that makes mankind's anger wrong and ineffective?
- What does James mean by implanted Word? Let the Word picture take shape in your heart and mind.
- What parts of your life do not reflect the reality that in Christ, the Truth (Word) of God has not just been heard but has actually infiltrated your every fiber and overcome you to the point if controlling your life for God's glory and your good?
- How will those around you be effected by your life if you live out the reality that you have the Word implanted in you?
- A right understanding of 19-21 help us to understand verse 22 to mean abundantly more than just keeping the rules.
- What do these verses teach us about God?
- What do these verses teach us about us/mankind?
- How do these verses teach us the Gospel/point to Jesus?
- What step of obedience do you need to take today for your life to reflect these Truths?