Foundations- The Bible - Statement of Faith Article 2
Passage: 2 Timothy 3:16–3:17
Statement of Faith - Article 2 - The Bible
"We believe that God has spoken in the Scripture, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for our salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises."
Statement of Faith about the Bible with Scripture linked HERE
Full Statement of Faith linked HERE
Questions for further discussion
1) Why does a right understanding of God act as a foundation for a right understanding of Scripture?
2) Can you be a Christ follower (Christian) and deny that the Bible is God's inherent (perfect) and inspired Word?
3) How can we look to Scripture that was written thousands of years ago and say that it is applicable to every situation we face today?
4) Why do you think it is so hard to find motivation to spend more time reading the Bible for most Christ followers? **as you think on this question, avoid guilt. That is not the motivation here. When you think about this question, think about a relationship.
5) Who is someone in your life you can turn to so they can help you understand Scripture more clearly?
6) Who is someone in your life you can come alongside and help them understand Scripture more clearly?
7) Are there any areas of your life that are not surrendered to living out the instruction given in Scripture?
More in Foundations - Summer Series
September 11, 2016Foundations - Response and Eternal Destiny - Statement of Faith Article 10
September 4, 2016Foundations - Christ's Return - Statement of Faith Article 9
August 28, 2016Foundations - Christian Living - Statement of Faith Article 8